Saturday 5 July 2008

the yarn devourer is completed

This creature devoured yarn like I've never seen before. It had me on on the edge of my sofa which had never happened to me before. This monster consumed 3.25 balls of Rowan Cocoon and 3.75 balls of Rowan Kid Classic. I finished with just 9cm of yarn to spare, knitting from your stash can be nail biting. But what a beauty!!!!!!!! I'm so looking forward to Autumn just to be able to wear this yarn devourer.

I've named her 'Ruffle Edged Scarf'. Would I make her again? Yep, but using slightly lighter weight yarns, as this baby weights a ton (well half a a kilo to be more exact). Imagine carrying that around your neck.

Well let me present to you the completed 'Ruffle Edged Scarf' formerly known as Morning Train Knock-Off Scarf by Megan Rogers.

without the pink frill

with the pink frill

on my daughters neck 1

on my daughters neck 2

on my daughters neck 3


I told you she's a beauty.

Just in case you want to make one. Here are the details:

Started: 6th June 2008

Completed: 4th July 2008

Pattern: The Morning Train Knock-Off Scarf

Materials: Rowan Cocoon and Rowan Kid Classic

Colour: Cairn and Pink

Needles: 5mm Circulars, 5mm and 8mm Hook

Modification: Frill until contented or out of yarn.

God Bless.

No comments: