Tuesday 31 July 2007

finished object - cloud bolero

As promised here are some pictures of my latest creation - Cloud Bolero. I'm sorry that the pictures are slightly blurry. I actually finished the garment on Saturday night and wore it to church the following morning. I was amazed that so many people commented on it (all women I hasten to say).

The pattern was an easy one to knit once I got into the rhythm of the pattern, but nevertheless I had to start the garment several times. I am just beginning to realise that watching t.v and me knitting is not a good combination. Hence the many mistakes.

Nevertheless here she is.

Picture Number 1 - The Front.

I made several alterations to the original pattern, ranging from using a different size needle, lengthening the garment (I still wanted it longer but ran out of yarn and later found out that the colour was discounted as I bought in the sales about 4 weeks early I was unable to purchase anymore) and finally, I completed a row of double crochet around the front band and neck edge.

Picture Number 2 - The Neck Edge.

And finally..............

Picture Number 3 - The Back.


Pattern: Cloud Bolero
Material: Debbie Bliss Alpaca Silk

Needles: Addi 6mm 40cm Circular

Finishing: Double Crochet around the edges and 3 pink Mother of Pearl buttons

Started: 7th July 2007

Completed: 28th July 2007

No comments: