Friday 3 August 2007

don't tell anyone

I'm going to let you into a secret.......................Please don't tell anyone. Promise? Well, here goes....I machine knit. Yes, you've heard right - I AM A MACHINE KNITTER.

Let me introduce you to one of my many babies, I say babies because I have 7 different knitting machines, ranging from fine to chunky gauge. This is one of my standard gauge machines, a Brother 940 with it's ribber.

I'll let the pictures tell you the rest of the story.










In a couple of days time I will post some pictures of the finished item once it has been washed and blocked.

God Bless.

5 comments:

steel breeze said...

7 machines? Yikes - I thought my 4 was bad! Good to meet another MKer, not a lot of us about, I'll be looking in again!

steel breeze said...

So tell me, do you do much with the fine gauge machine? I've looked at them and decided I can't really justify one, I don't think I'd use the material they produced.

Monique said...

Beautiful machine! I am a proud machine knitter myself. No hesitation in saying I machine knit. It's not as easy as handknitters think. In fact, it has sent some running back to their two needles.

Unknown said...

7 MACHINES!Where do you put them all? Perhaps you would be so kind as to take a photo, can't wait to see them all. Its good to see someone else who is also dedicated to the knitting machine.
SandyUK

Monique said...

So what ever happened to this project??? I was looking forward to the finished project pics you promised us.;) Really wanted to see how this came out because of the pretty ruffling at the bottom. I haven't done any ruffles yet, but would love to in the future. I had my eyes on this one in particular.