Friday 31 August 2007

completed at last

Here is another machine knitted item. It only took about 10 mins to knit and about a week to complete (to wash and to sew on the buttons and label). I know..........that's terrible. Anyway, it is completed at last. The words of Dr Martin Luther King Jr is ringing in my ears right now; 'Free at Last, Free at Last, Thank God Almighty, I'm Free at Last'. That's how I feel, I'm free of this project, not that it took long to knit, but for me to get my act together to complete it.

Sorry. You don't know what is is yet! See if you can guess from the next three pictures.

Picture Number 1 - The item rolled up on the dining table.

Picture Number 2 - A close up of the stitch pattern.

Picture Number 3 - The item with the button markers in place.

The above three pictures are of the item just off the knitting machine and unwashed. Do you know what it is yet? I'll give you a clue. It's to be worn in the winter and is made out of 75% Angora and 25% Lambswool and is approximately 36cm by 10cm in size and will have 8 buttons.

Picture Number 4 - Washed and with the buttons in place.

Picture Number 5 - A close up of the buttons.


It's a Neck Warmer. The last two pictures shows it in it's full glory and is modelled by my beautiful daughter. This is a fantastic project to use up all those small ounces of yarn that us knitters can't bare to throw out, especially when it is a beautiful natural fibre. Also you don't have to go out and buy a card of buttons, just use whatever you can lay your hands on.


Happy Knitting. God Bless and why don't you be a blessing to someone today by knitting them a gift.

No comments: