Thursday 6 December 2007

i love my postman

I so love my postman. This week he brought me these......................


.............well these are just part of what he delivered. The total delivery included 5 knitting books (I can't show you the others as they are Christmas presents for people who read my blog) and 17 skeins of Cascade 220 in 6 different colours. The postal service here is fantastic. I ordered the yarn late Saturday afternoon and they were here by Tuesday morning, and they were coming from a different city.

I was inspired by this so I've already started it, the Modular Tomten Jacket for my nephew Santi. It's part of his Christmas present (it's OK, my brother and sister-in-law don't have access to the Internet, so it's safe to post this now). This is such a quick little knit and the stripping is keeping me from becoming bored. I'm just adding colour randomly and if I don't like the last row, frogging it back and re-knitting using a different colour. The only problem will be all of the ends that I will need to weave in. Oh well! That's for another day.


After reading about the great late Elizabeth Zimmermann, I just had to do one of her patterns. Yea, I know! You may be asking; 'What about the Baby Surprise Jacket?' Well that has been laid to rest. It was one of those where I was not fully satisfied with the yarn and pattern combination.

At least I love my latest creation, a gift made by my own hands for my gorgeous nephew.

God Bless and Keep Knitting.
Joy

No comments: