Monday 31 December 2007

just in time

This will be my last completed project for the year - The Utopia Hat. I just loved knitting this creation, just as much as I love my postman, although because of this festive season I haven't seen him as frequently as I'm accustom to. I'm still waiting for two deliveries, one being more yarn (or course) and a full set of Knit Pics circular needles. What else could a knitter need?

Anyway, back to the project. It was such a quick little knit. I used Cascade 220 and a 3.75mm and 5mm circulars. As I said before, I loved knitting the Utopia and more importantly the recipient my daughter loves it. The colour is a exact match to her school coat, so this little number has become part of her school uniform. How sweet!

This morning (2.30 am to be exact) when I completed my daughter's Utopia, I rushed to my yarn bin and dug up some more Cascade to cast on straight away for another one. This one's going to be mine.

Enjoy the pic of my last completed creation for 2007.

Utopia on the sofa.
A perfect fit. And I looked and said "It is good"

Pattern: Utopia Hat

Material: Cascade 220 100% Peruvian Wool

Colour: 4002 Dark Charcoal

Needles: 3.75mm and 5mm Addi Circular Needles

Modification: Ribbing using 3.75mm for 1.2 inches and and addition cable in the lower high of the hat

Started: 29th December 2007

Completed: 30th December 2007

There's only a little over 7 hours left of this year. I'm so excited about 2008, life is awesome and just imagine what we can achieve with our precious gift of creativity. Remember if you can conceive it you can achieve it. Start dreaming about all those beautiful creations you want to create next year with your precious hands.

May God give you all the desires of your heart. God Bless and Keep Knitting.

Joy

No comments: