Saturday 1 December 2007

it's a wrap

I'm going to try to post more frequently this month. It should be possible considering that I'll have two weeks off work soon. And I'm going to do nothing but hand knit. Well, that's the plan. Lets hope I succeed.

Here's a little something that I knitted about 3 weeks ago. It's based on the same principle of the felted scarf that I knitted back in September. I used my favourite machine knitting yarn 2/14 100% Geelong Lambswool (it's sooooooo soft, people often ask if it is cashmere) and then felted it in the washing machine on a 60 degree wash.

Pattern: My Own

Yarn: 100% Geelong Lambswool

Colour: Kilim

Machine: Brother 940 Standard Gauge

Started and Completed: In One Day

There's not much more to tell you about it except that it's so warm. I'm not sure who is going to be the lucky recipient of this wonderful little thing. We'll just have to wait and see.

On my needles at the moment - The Baby Surprise Jacket by Elizabeth Zimmermann. Well, it was on my needles until about 10 mins ago. I've just ripped it out again, for the third time. Pray for me. Hopefully I'll have more success the next time I cast on those 160 sts ;-(

Keep those needles clicking until the next time.

God Bless and Happy Knitting.

No comments: